Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
What is the Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning?
The Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning (OTL) is for professionals in business, government, education, or other settings who want to develop their knowledge and skills in online teaching and learning.
OTL utilizes technology-based environments to actively engage students in designing formal educational projects that meet professional objectives. The five 3-credit course sequence provides an intense immersion in a dynamic online environment and culminates in an online teaching practicum.
Prime candidates for the OTL program are individuals with a need to explore online teaching and learning techniques and the willingness to engage in collaborative learning projects.
OTL courses are also open to individuals who do not wish to complete the certificate program.
What benefits does the OTL program offer?
Benefits from earning a Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning include:
- Proficiency in fostering online learning communities,
- Skill in online teaching,
- Knowledge of successful assessment and evaluation strategies,
- Associations from a network of committed professionals,
- Keeping current with emerging technologies and OTL strategies,
- A foundation of theoretical and practical information, and
- Expanded career opportunities.
This program is now also being offered as an emphasis in the College of Education’s Master of Arts in Teaching. See Masters of Arts in Teaching with an Online Teaching Emphasis for more information.
What is required to complete the OTL program?
Once admitted into the program, you must:
- Attend all sessions.
- Complete all five courses with a B or higher.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.