The Master of Arts in Education with a Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning* prepares educators who either
- are K-12 teachers who are already licensed
- work in higher education
for 21st century teaching and learning in blended and fully online environments. The program covers integrating best practices in curriculum and pedagogy, multicultural education, educational technology, online pedagogy, and curriculum development for online delivery using emerging technologies.
*If you are in a graduate program, all OTLGC courses must be taken during your program of study.
Benefits of earning a Master of Arts in Education with a Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
- Learn best practices in multicultural education, curriculum and instruction, and online pedagogy.
- Develop effective strategies for technology integration.
- Become skilled in developing online curriculum.
- Learn how to integrate emerging technologies into online/blended teaching and learning.
- Become a leader in online teaching and learning in your school district.
- Study for this degree using online courses, from the convenience of your home or school.
- Earn a Graduate Certificate
- Earn a Master’s degree, which fulfills one of the requirements for advancement in New Mexico’s three-tiered licensure system to Level III, with a base salary of $50,000.